Emergency Dental Care in Spokane Valley, WA
It’s an understood phenomenon that dental emergencies happen when you least expect them. We understand how excruciating dental pain can be and will do what we can to alleviate your discomfort as soon as possible. If you’re experiencing a dental emergency, don’t wait to see if it goes away. Please call our practice as soon as possible so that we can arrange to work you into our schedule.
Common Dental Emergencies
- Toothache – Toothaches occur for a variety of reasons. It’s important to see our dentist as soon as possible to rule out decay or infection as the cause.
- Broken, Chipped or Cracked Tooth – Rinse out the mouth with warm water and apply a cold compress to the face to reduce swelling. Call us right away for an appointment. If the tooth was broken or chipped, bring any tooth fragments with you.
- Avulsed (Knocked-Out Tooth) – If a tooth is knocked out of the mouth, hold it by the crown and gently place it back into its socket (if possible). Call our office immediately. If you cannot reinsert the tooth, hold it under your tongue until you can see the dentist.
- Tongue or Cheek Bite – Rinse the mouth with warm water and apply a cold compress to the face to reduce swelling. Call our office or visit the ER for immediate medical attention.
Emergency Dental Services Include:
- Oral Infection Treatment – Oral infections, caused by tooth decay, injury, or other dental issues, can spread within a matter of days or even hours. It is important to treat painful oral infections as soon as you begin experiencing oral pain to prevent the infection from spreading.
- Emergency Dental Fillings – Often, severe tooth pain is the result of tooth decay or trauma. This can cause excruciating oral pain to come on suddenly. In these cases, Dr. Love will remove the tooth decay and use composite fillings to create a long-lasting solution to the tooth pain and prevent further decay or damage.
- Emergency Tooth Extractions – When you visit us for emergency dental care, our experienced Spokane dental team will do everything we can to preserve the tooth while getting rid of your pain. However, in some instances the tooth is so severely damaged that Dr. Love may recommend extracting it to prevent further pain or infection from developing. Depending on the situation, Dr. Love may administer an anesthetic to minimize discomfort. Once you have healed from the extraction, Dr. Love will work with you to decide whether a cosmetic dentistry option, such as a dental implant, may be a good option to replace the missing tooth.
- Emergency Oral Trauma Care – One of the most common reasons for emergency dental visits to our Spokane office is dental traumatic injuries that result it lost or broken teeth. These patients are typically experiencing agonizing pain, and we aim to alleviate that pain as quickly as possible. Once the course of treatment is decided on and performed by Dr. Love, our dedicated team will follow up with you to ensure your pain is taken care of. We also offer restorative dentistry services to get your smile looking as good as new, even after a traumatic dental injury.
Contact Us After Hours
We provide an answering service where patients can expect us to get back in touch with them in a timely manner. In most cases, we will recommend what to do before we arrange to see you the next day, but in severe circumstances, we can meet patients in our office.
Dr. Love believes that the right dental technology can make treatment quicker, safer and more comfortable for his patients. He invests in high-tech systems and tools that help him to be more efficient and treatment outcomes more accurate.
The revolutionary CEREC system enables him to plan, create and place top-quality crowns and bridges in a single visit. Tools such as cone beam CT scans help Dr. Love to capture three-dimensional images of the teeth, soft tissues and bone of the jaw for more precise treatment planning. Systems like the Sirona guided implant system help Dr. Love carefully map out treatment for more predictable dental implant results. Thanks to these key pieces of technology, Dr. Love’s patients save considerable time, money and effort on dental treatment.
Best dentist ever. I can't say enough nice things about him. Everyone in the office is amazing.
Always friendly and they do amazing work!!!
Such a great place! They always take good care of us whenever we need them! Thanks for all the love Dr. Love!
Ryan has been my dentist for a number of years now… Love his professional manner, technical skills and ability, and great professional and friendly staff. If you're looking for a top flight dentist I would strongly recommend Ryan and his team!!